The following page will list patch notes for all updates within this monthly release (Version 18.12). For discussion about the content release, please head on over to the respective comments threads on EVE Online forums:
Initial Release Date: 2020-12-08
Last update: 2021-01-14
Patch Notes For 2021-01-14.1
Features & Changes
- Added a few new Billboard adverts to the rotation.
- Fixed a rare issue where the agent conversation window failed to load for some expired missions (mostly epic arcs).
- Fixed an issue with the New Player login campaign: the gift “Starter Gift Cerebral Accelerator” had expired by removing the expiry date.
Patch Notes For 2021-01-12.1
Features & Changes
Structures & Deployables:
The third and final stage of the Quantum Cores rollout has been deployed.
Any structure that does not have a Quantum Core fitted will now have the following restrictions in place. Full functionality can be restored by installing a Quantum Core, as described in the development blog.
- The structure will not provide any tethering support to nearby ships.
- The ship fitting service will be unavailable to any ships docked within the structure.
- The ship/module repair service will be unavailable to any ships docked within the structure.
Patch Notes For 2020-12-15.1
Features & Changes
- The Dynamic Bounty System (DBS) threshold has been adjusted. Systems will now be more stable and support more ratting without negatively affecting the DBS multiplier.
- The Capsule Aurora Universalis SKIN can now be correctly applied to the Genolution ‘Auroral’ 197-variant Capsule.
- Fixed an Issue which caused snow particles to behave too erratically when ‘Camera Bobbing’ setting is enabled.
- Fixed an issue which caused Black Friday VFX to appear on default Garmur hull.
- Fixed an issue with the character preview not matching the character portrait.
- Fixed an issue with text not displaying properly in Fleet Composition for Japanese language.
- Fixed unlocalised “War Type” text in the War Deck for Japanese language.
- Fixed an issue where the Info panel can disappear after logging off to the character selection.
- Fixed an issue where the search box would not be in focus when expanding the Route section of the Info panel.
Patch Notes For 2020-12-11.1
Features & Changes
- The change to drone behavior made on 8 December has been reverted. This means that drone functionality will be exactly the same as before the patch with ‘Aggressive’ setting once again automatically attacking NPCs. More information can be found on EVE Online forums.
- The Wightstorm data sites from the Winter Nexus event are now properly dropping single-use Nightmare BPCs.
Patch Notes For 2020-12-10.1 – Winter Nexus
Features & Changes
The Winter Nexus event has begun! This in-game event will run until downtime on 5 January 2021.
- Volatile Ice Storms have begun to appear across highsec, lowsec, and nullsec space. These ice storms spread out across the stargate network from a central system, and occasionally move from system to system just like the existing metaliminal storms. These storms provide bonuses to ship thermal resistances and module overheating for all capsuleers flying within them. Sansha’s Nation and Outer Ring Excavations have both mobilized to take advantage of the novel forms of stellar ice found within these storms.
- Wightstorm combat anomalies have begun appearing within the Volatile Ice Storms. These sites are full of hostile Sansha’s nation vessels, and CONCORD advises capsuleers bring a battlecruiser ship or better when attempting to engage with these forces. The Wightstorm Forward Base site found within storms that originate in highsec space appears to be guarded by the weakest Sansha fleets, with the nullsec Wightstorm Transit Site posing an intermediate challenge and the lowsec-based Wightstorm Muster Point offering the greatest challenge for the greatest rewards.
- Wightstorm data signatures can also be found within Volatile Ice Storms. These Sansha’s Nation data sites can be hacked by enterprising capsuleers equipped with scan probes and data analyzer modules.
- Volatile Ice Field anomalies can also be discovered within Volatile Ice Storms. These fields of newly discovered stellar ice have recently been captured by ORE and Mordu’s Legion forces who have driven away the Sansha harvesting fleets. These ice fields can be accessed through a special ORE-commandeered acceleration gate that only allows medium and small mining and hauling ships to enter (Expedition Frigates, Mining Barges, Exhumers, Industrial Ships, Blockade Runners, Deep Space Transports, and the Porpoise). The volatile ice found within these fields cannot be reprocessed by standard facilities, however Outer Ring Excavations has set up mobile ice collection operations within each of these ice fields, and is willing to trade with capsuleers who contribute to their mining operation. Capsuleers can trade seven units of volatile ice with the ORE representatives in the ice fields to receive a package of valuable salvage and items that ORE forces collected from the wrecks of Sansha ships. Rumors suggest that other valuable Sansha salvage has frozen directly into some of the ice chunks and can be occasionally picked up along with the ice by normal mining activities.
- Rewards that can be found by capsuleers within all of these sites include valuable Overseers’ Effects, hundreds of festive ship SKINs, limited-time Cerebral Accelerators, rare faction modules. The sites within the storms that originate within lowsec space have a chance of providing blueprints for the new “Rapture” capacitor regeneration pirate implant set.
- New limited-time Ice Storm filaments are now available that will instantly transport capsuleers into one of these volatile ice storms. Each filament clearly states in its description how many capsuleers it can transport and whether it will take them to a highsec, lowsec, or nullsec storm.
- A new Yoiul Festival seasonal challenge track can be found within the Agency. These challenges can be completed over the course of the event by engaging with the combat, hacking, and ice mining sites within the Volatile Ice Storms. Completing these challenges will provide players with points that will progress them along a reward track consisting of new exclusive Aurora Universalis skins and Brainfreeze cerebral accelerators.
- A new set of daily login gifts are available over the course of the Winter Nexus event. Players can receive all of these rewards by logging in at least 13 days between now and January 5th.
- The new Sansha’s Nation Rapture implant set has been introduced. This implant set improves capacitor regeneration rates.
- Blueprint copies for the Rapture implants will initially be available through loot drops from the combat, hacking, and ice mining sites within the Volatile Ice Storms that originate in low security space.
- Low-grade Rapture Alpha: +2 Perception, 1% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 2.5% set bonus
- Low-grade Rapture Beta: +2 Memory, 2% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 2.5% set bonus
- Low-grade Rapture Gamma: +2 Willpower, 3% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 2.5% set bonus
- Low-grade Rapture Delta: +2 Intelligence, 4% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 2.5% set bonus
- Low-grade Rapture Epsilon: +2 Charisma, 5% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 2.5% set bonus
- Low-grade Rapture Omega 10% set bonus
- Mid-grade Rapture Alpha: +3 Perception, 1% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 10% set bonus
- Mid-grade Rapture Beta: +3 Memory, 2% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 10% set bonus
- Mid-grade Rapture Gamma: +3 Willpower, 3% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 10% set bonus
- Mid-grade Rapture Delta: +3 Intelligence, 4% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 10% set bonus
- Mid-grade Rapture Epsilon: +3 Charisma, 5% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 10% set bonus
- Mid-grade Rapture Omega 25% set bonus
- High-grade Rapture Alpha: +4 Perception, 1% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 15% set bonus
- High-grade Rapture Beta: +4 Memory, 2% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 15% set bonus
- High-grade Rapture Gamma: +4 Willpower, 3% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 15% set bonus
- High-grade Rapture Delta: +4 Intelligence, 4% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 15% set bonus
- High-grade Rapture Epsilon: +4 Charisma, 5% bonus to in capacitor regeneration speed with 15% set bonus
- High-grade Rapture Omega 50% set bonus
- Reverting the change which restricted the setting of Medical Clones when no active Clone Bay was present.
- Temporarily disabling the PvP-timer reset for docked self destruct to address issue with jumping to medical clones; in-space pod-death will still clear the PvP-timer.
- Fixed an issue that caused some fireworks to display incorrectly.
Patch Notes For 2020-12-09.1
- Removed the expired Vorton Projector Boosters from the market.
- Minokawa Yoiul Star SKIN no longer displays Police Light VFX. The order has been restored.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mobile Tractor Unit icons to be missing.
- Fixed an issue with some system-wide weather effects not working properly.
- ‘Looking’ at objects other than your ship will no longer stop weather effects from displaying.
Patch Notes For 2020-12-08.1
Features & Changes
- Audio & Graphics
- Game Systems
- Resource Distribution
- Science & Industry
- Triglavian Space
- User Interface
- New Eden Store
Features & Changes
Audio & Graphics:
- Added voiceover for Aura during tutorial in English clients.
- Updated Daily Login Rewards to make getting Skillpoints more visceral and understandable.
- Increased Activity Defense Multiplier (ADM) Industry modifier to make it easier to increase and sustain high industry ADM.
- Increased ADM Military modifier to increase the delta between where the ADM drops to level 4 and the value where the Dynamic Bounty System reduces the output of the system.
- The Dynamic Bounty System (DBS) is now active across all Low Security solar systems.
- Added a guaranteed anomaly containing Arkonor and Bistot to all Null Sec systems.
- Added an extra guaranteed anomaly containing Arkonor and Bistot for systems with true sec between 0.0 and -0.5.
- Added guaranteed anomaly containing Jaspet to all Low Sec systems.
- Updated rules governing the distribution of ice anomalies. After an ice anomaly is cleared it will now be reseeded randomly in any of the systems where ice is known to spawn. More than one ice anomaly may exist in the same system.
- Added fitting window warnings for fits that have multiple stacking penalized disruption modules.
- The ‘Aggressive’ behavior setting of drones will now only cause drones to respond to direct offensive actions taken by another Capsuleer (player) or their controlled drones. Drones will no longer automatically attack NPCs when their behavior is set to aggressive.
- Removed the Capsuleer log-off timer attached to their character when a character goes through a pod death.
- The new capital recloner module will not clear the Capsuleer log-off timer.
- A full Japanese language support is now live! Join the firework extravaganza today at 12:00 UTC in the starting systems in-game.
- Updated to fast checkout localization for ‘Item’ in all languages.
Science & Industry:
Added blueprints for the new salvage drone variations:
– The Salvage Drone II Blueprint can be invented from the Salvage Drone I Blueprint.
– ‘The Dunk’ Salvage Drone Blueprint can be purchased from the ORE LP store.
Added two new Salvage Drone Variations:
Salvage Drone II
– Required skills: Salvage Drone Operation 5
– Salvaging 4
– Drones: 1
– Salvage Drone Specialization 1
– Access Difficulty Bonus: 4%
‘Dunk’ Salvage Drone
– Required skills: Salvage Drone Operation 4
– Salvaging 4
– Drones: 1
– Access Difficulty Bonus: 4.5%
Added Salvage Drone Specialization skill:
Advanced proficiency at controlling salvage drones. 2% bonus to the max velocity and salvage chance of drones requiring Salvage Drone Specialization per level.
Can be acquired directly from the character sheet for 13,000,000 ISK. Required prerequisite skills:
– Salvage Drone Operation 5
– Salvaging 4
– Available only to Omega accounts
- Improved server performance for handling many damage events at the same time, such as instances where many smartbombs are used at the same time.
- Rebalanced NPC groups in content related to the Triglavian Space.
- Increased size of the right-click context menu.
- Probes will now automatically stack when returned to the Cargo Hold.
- A confirmation prompt will now appear when attempting to join a Fleet while you are currently in one, allowing you to swap Fleets.
- Made additional UI improvements to the Jump Clones tab in the Character Sheet.
- The Career Agents page of the Agency will now show the closest available Agents.
- Added arrows to control expanding and collapsing sections of the Info Panel instead of the section header.
- Warp Gates will no longer appear as nearest object in System section of the Info Panel.
- Moved the ‘Hide Buttons’ button from the HUD to a checkbox in the HUD Options menu.
- Added the volumes of item stacks to their tooltips in Inventory windows.
- Added ‘Drifter Reinforcements’ to the default General Overview Settings.
- Added a missing error message when attempting to put a non-Core item into a structure’s Core Room.
- Adjusted the width of tooltips in the Triglavian Space Filament page of the Agency.
- Added hints/tooltips to some of the Drone settings to explain what they do (Aggressive/Passive/Focus Fire).
- Removed the description tab from the Character information window.
New Eden Store:
- Updated the sorting of New Eden Store offers.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Observatory Flashpoint sites to not complete correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Monitor objects within World Ark Flashpoint sites would give a large amount of standings.
- Fixed an issue where players could install a Medical Clone in a Station or Structure without an active Clone Bay Service.
- Fixed an issue which caused large ships to sometimes undock from small ship undocking points.
- Fixed an issue which stopped Jita 4-4 from switching to weekend lights.
- Fixed an issue that caused some of the visual effects of supercarriers to display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mobile Sanguine Harvester to have an icon missing.
- Fixed an issue that caused wormholes to appear too red when close to a star.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Autopilot routes to be incorrectly optimized on login.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the Sensor Overlay to not load correctly.
- Fixed issues in the Info Panel for several ‘The Blood-Stained Stars’ missions.
- Fixed an issue with ‘Buy PLEX’ button overlapping with the PLEX amount in multiple languages.
- Fixed an issue where a text string overlaps the ‘Buy this type’ window.
- Fixed an issue in the Agency where the external icon was showing on cards even though the cards point within the Agency.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘NEW!’ tag overlaps with the Agents & Missions title tag in the Agency Window.
- Fixed an issue that caused wrong diminishing returns warning in fitting window/fitting simulation to be displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the hardpoints icons in the fitting window were offset.